Any student films are welcome for submission to the Open Frame.
To qualify for screening at the Open Frame, student films must include at least two Malone College students in two of the following positions: Producer, Director, Writer, Lead Actor, Editor, Original Score. In the rare case that a film includes a cast and crew smaller than three people, only ONE Malone Student would qualify the film for screening.
- We encourage all genres of: documentaries, journalistic expose, fictional narrative, stop action, animation, experimental, music videos, etc…
- student produced films may be submitted by Monday, March 30, 2015 no later than 6 p.m..
- films must be submitted digitally on a hard drive or available for upload from a digital device. Please share files to .H264 for delivery.
- films must be fifteen minutes or under to be considered (including the credits).
- films may only include lead actors who do not appear (in significant roles) in any other film festival submissions.
- filmmakers must obtain rights to any music used in their films.
- accepted filmmakers must volunteer a minumum of six hours during the final week of the festival.
- filmmakers are required to submit publicity materials and information with their film.
- Films will be accepted based upon quality of form and content, and restricted based on the limited time-frame of the festival.